Wednesday, 20 June 2007
Exercise
I'm not one of those people that is all "I go to the gym on my lunch hour" but I do like feeling healthy. I play netball once a week.... surprisingly Canadians don't play it, the rest of the Commonwealth does. On our team we have some Brits, some Aussies, some South Africans, people from Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean - a real mix it's great. Plus the game is fantastic and probably one of the only sports I can actually play well! In secondry school I managed more than six months going to the gym every Saturday with a friend... it felt great! I ran cross country at school, played field hockey a little basketball. So that was back then. Now.... other than my netball once a week (that started last week) my fitness level is zilch. So after running around the court having a great time and getting frustrated with my footwork (you can't move with the ball) I want to feel healthy again. We have a free gym in our apartment building, why not use it! I cannot do it alone though, so I enlisted Ryan! Starting tomorrow morning we're gonna wake up half an hour earlier and go and use the gym. To celebrate we had a late night snack of chocolate chip pancakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
While Sheldon and the kids are gone for 3 weeks, that's my time to shape up. We can encourage each other! For now, I'm encouraging the family to eat all the junk in the house so it's all gone by the time they leave next week.
Post a Comment