Thursday, 11 October 2007

Provincial Elections

So yesterday there were Ontario elections. One of my pet peeves is people who don't vote. Maybe it's because I can't vote, maybe it's because people are always complaining about politicians and their choices, maybe just because there are people in the world who are fighting for democracy when we don't even use what we're blessed to have. Anyway.... Ryan has an even bigger responsibility as he is voting not just for him but me and any future family as well. It's enough to make me get dual citizenship!!! This is a big deal.

So the result of last nights election probably didn't go the most ideal way (in my own opinion) with the liberals staying in office for another term (4 years) but, there's really nothing I can do about it and I have a free pass to complain as I can't vote because I'm not a citizen and they won't let me become a citizen until I've been a permanent resident for three years. Like I said, free pass.

So welcome back Dalton McGuinty, lets hope you do things a little better second time around.
Actually one thing I can't complain about..... he created a new public holiday. The third Monday in February is going to be 'Family Day'. With the intention to give families a day together. I like that. The more holidays the better!!!

On a side note, I found a article today that made me count my blessings. I love food and I love to eat. I can't even imagine being in this kids situation!

1 comment:

Eric Jakob said...

I dont' like to eat.