Oh my goodness, is it never going to end?! I'm all about we live in Canada you deal with the winter but I've had enough now. They were saying on the news this morning that this is the second highest recorded level of snow in any winter.... and it's not going to stop anytime soon. Did someone forget to tell Mother nature that March had arrived?? We awoke this morning to 25cms of snow that had fallen during the night and it was still snowing. It's 10am right now and still snowing. We're meant to get another 15cm during the day today and, surprise surprise we have another major storm coming on Saturday. I'm telling you right now since the beginning of November it has snowed every week. You step out of my front door and the bank of snow is as tall as myself. Watching Corbit in the back garden is soooo funny as he tries to make a little trail for himself and falls through the snow. The snow is so high that he could climb over into next doors garden, there's only a couple of inches of fence that the snow hasn't reached yet! This is pure crazzzzzzziness and it really is depressing, especially when you can't just enjoy it, you have to battle it to do normal every day things.
So I would have some pictures but this morning there were more important things I had to deal with. It was time to leave for work and I had shovelled a path to the car (Ryan leaves a lot earlier than me and has to catch the bus so I have to do my part.... and yes, if you're curious I am almost seven months pregnant! haha!) and I brushed the snow off and could hear the beeps of the snow plow somewhere in the vicinity. Prepared for a slow drive I took off, I pulled forward out of my parking spot and everything stopped. I was well and truly stuck. The snow plough driver was giving me dirty looks as I was almost in his way and a car came up behind me where I went and informed him 'sorry but you can't get through this way!' Another exasperated look. Notice at this point that neither had offered me any help. I grabbed the shovel and begun again to dig around my car. All the snow removed and I was still not budging. Time ticked by and I'm getting more embarrassed, more exasperated and feeling more and more helpless as there's nothing else I can think of to do to get my car out of the road. Then a angel appeared. My neighbour (who we haven't met yet), who I think had been watching for a little while came out and offered me a push. He asked which way I wanted to go. I said at this point I didn't care about work I just wanted to get back into my spot and back into the house! So that's what we tried. No go. My car just had to go three feet back and I could be at home right now. Instead eventually we made the car go forward. It was easier for me to go to work than it was to reverse into my spot and stay home. Go figure.
3 comments:
lol...so you've succumbed to complaining about the winter. It's about time we cracked you. lol
BTW, I've been keeping track for the last five years and winter is never really over until after the beginning of April. How do I know? My birthday is early April and we've always had one last snowfall around then...mind you it's not like today's snowfall. It's mother nature's sick way of saying "ha ha, had you fooled".
Katie, Katie, Katie - where is my cousin husband of yours - wag your finger at him for me. He should be clearing your path of snow and cleaning off your car and making sure you can get out before he goes to work!! In my crazy opinion, pregnant women do NOT shovel snow. Nope, not ever. Push a little around the front steps perhaps but NO SHOVELING!!
So an angel was born in the snow storm? Sounds like a good day to me.
Post a Comment