I was all ready to get home yesterday and start ranting about people being inconsiderate when someone proved me wrong....
I had to get the bus home yesterday, something I don't mind doing. However, when there are no seats left and you're squished in the front of the bus standing up, when you're eight months pregnant and are off balance anyway it's not always a easy feat. The buses here have stickers on the windows by the seat at the front saying 'priority seating' with pictures of an old person, a pregnant person and someone with a pushchair (stroller). So I'm standing there trying to stay upright looking around and no-one is getting up. Well I'm not gonna make a fuss on the bus but I was getting a little cross that no-one was being very considerate. What if it was a different pregnant person who was really struggling?! So a few stops in I'm beginning to overheat (happens a lot right now) so I manouvere and take my gloves off and undo my coat. A lady suddenly stands up saying "I'm sorry I didn't realise", I thank her and sit down and start guzzling my bottle of water. At first I didn't believe the didn't realise part, goodness I'm eight months pregnant! However when talking to Ryan at home we did conclude that I have been blessed with a small belly so most people probably don't notice straight off the bat. As the lady got off the bus I added in another 'once again thank you very much' just so she knew I really did appreciate her giving me her seat. So I have to apologise to the human race for having a momentary lapse in judgement and thinking that most people are inconsiderate and rude. I was proven wrong.
3 comments:
You are so lucky that you have a small belly. I was showing at 3 weeks. (thats the first time someone asked me when i was due.) i had no idea i looked pregnant! my belly was gigantic!!! i didnt like it.
where did you get your coat i need one of those.... ive been noticable for a while now and am only 19 weeks!!!
its always so nice when your faith in humanity is dwinddling there is always one person in the right place at the right time to make all the difference.
we need pics of this petit belly!!!
This happened to me when I was pregnant with my first. We went to a political candidate's meeting and I ended up sitting on the floor - I was 7 or 8 months pregnant! I was disgusted - c'est la vie, that's for sure!! I'm glad that you had such a sweet reminder that the human race is generally still good.
Post a Comment