Friday, 29 August 2008

What to say....

I know it's been a while since I've written anything but that's only because my days are pretty much the same thing, nothing really happens that isn't Paige related and with no tv and right now not having the car, meaning no trips out, I'm really not exposed to much to comment on or get my mind working!

Well for a Paige update, she really is just the most wonderful little baby! The other night we found her talking in her sleep, which was super cute and she's growing so big! She's beginning to be able to grab and hold onto things and we bought her a little gym play mat which has a star that flashes different colours and plays music which she absolutely loves!!! She can push herself around with her feet when she's lying on her back too, we leave her lying one way and find her in a completely different position five minutes later, it can actually be hilarious! She's also picking favourites.... daddy is clearly winning, but I'm ok with that! Nothing gives me more pleasure than watching them interact together. He can get her to react in ways others can't. They have full conversations every night!
We also got our family pictures back, they turned out great!

As for me... well sometimes I look at other peoples blogs and/or photos of things they're doing and I feel sad because right now I'm really not doing anything. Whether it's going out or doing something for someone else. Even when Ryan gets home in the evening, he's tired so we just stay home. I'm someone who likes to go on adventures which isn't always easy to do when you're breastfeeding either. However I do battle these feelings of stagnancy with the thought from that scripture "for everything there is a purpose and a season" (not an exact quote). The time will come again and probably a lot sooner that I'd like because it means my little baby is growing up - but the time will come again where I can go on adventures, but with my little girl as a companion which will make it all the more fun! Now I'm not complaining, I wouldn't change having Paige for the world, there's nothing better than hearing her babble in her crib or the big smiles she gives especially when she first wakes up, but I feel like I should be doing more for others... I am confident the time will come, experiences will come and I'm sure I'll be surprised that my baby girl will provide the majority of them... after we have a nap though!!!

3 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Katie, I remember those first few months...it took a while to adjust. I also didn't have a car and was in much the same circumstance. A wise old mom told me to get out of the house EVERY DAY. She said to bundle up that baby, haul out the stroller and simply see the world even if you're still doing nothing. That made a HUGE difference for me. We spent a lot of days walking the mall and just walking the paths by our apartment every day - rain or shine (and it rains here A LOT!!). That 'time and season' thing is true and of course, you want to hang onto every precious moment but it sure takes a while to get used to when you're used to doing something else!!

Your family photos are fabulous! Did Phil take them?

Your baby is just gorgeous. I have a package here I need to send you. I'll have to track down your snail mail address.

Anonymous said...

Well you're right, i love that scripture too, and the more she grows the more you'll be able to do different stuff, keep enjoying the moment with her now (and the naps for sure). I love the family pictures, good thing we all color coordinated!! I love it :) I wish I were up there so we could have play dates and stuff...but hey deff in a couple years :))

jen and brody said...

That is such an adorable picture of your family. I want one... Hope all is well! I love that you are loving being a mommy! Miss you tons!