Thursday, 26 March 2009

Little Moments

I just shared a special moment with my growing baby. It's just us tonight as Ryan has a work thing. I put Paige to bed but half an hour later she still wasn't asleep so I brought her downstairs to lay on the couch with me calmly for a little while. I started singing some songs to her, they started fun, '5 little ducks' and '5 little speckled frogs', then nursery rhymes, then church songs. She didn't move for ten minutes, just lay there and then the eye rubbing began and I knew it was bedtime. I would've just frozen time and stayed like that. It was a very special mummy-daughter moment.

2 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Hang on to those moments. They are worth their weight in gold!

KYLE FAMILY said...

oh Katie that is precious! Nothing in life compares to those simple moments. Paige is such a beautifu little girl I can jsut picture her all snuggly and rubbing her eyes!!