Sunday, 4 April 2010

Prayers

Paige has learnt to fold her arms when it's prayer time. She also knows to say prayers before bed and that you say prayers before blessing the food. There's actually a few times she's reminded me if I've forgotten!

The other afternoon I went to get her from her bed after her nap as I could hear her talking to herself. As I open the door she's sitting there with her arms folded and says loudly 'amen'! I asked her if she'd been saying her prayers and I got an enthusiastic nod of the head and a 'uh huh' with a thumbs up! I don't know if we can take the credit for teaching her or if she's just an incredibly smart spiritual little girl. I like to think it's both for now!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

That's too cute! I love it when I see little kids do that sort of stuff. She is getting so big! :)

Also, we went private! Send me your email at kristini85@gmail so we can invtie you :)

Cat and Blake Potter said...

You guys are such great parents--what a great feeling to have as a mom. Glad you put a couple updates on here!!

SAH in Suburbia said...

How cute! I remember when I first saw Max fold his arms to pray. I cried! He learned the first part of 'I love to see the temple' (the actions) when he was Paige's age too. Soooooo cute!