Friday, 5 November 2010

BBC

I have always loved the BBC, when I was growing up it had the kids shows that I loved, as I grew up it had a news broadcast I could be interested in and shows that appealed and as I developed a love for reading, especially British classics it constantly floors me with the amazing adaptions it does of these books. I haven't seen as many as I would like and I'm constantly finding these shows and once I've found them nothing else matters. Who cares about the range of modern day films that I have to be careful watching because of all the sex, violence and foul language. I can still have a drama, comedy and or love story that is clean but interesting in these shows. Pride and Prejudice has been a long time favourite and now 'North and South' has been added to the list. I do have a slight crush on Richard Armitage in this, these are not perfect men or woman that are portrayed but people who you see change as an effect of loving and seeing the good in someone else. Being a Brit I love seeing in part the way my country used to be and I often long to have been a part of or to even just temporarily go back and experience the way things used to be.

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Loooooove P&P...didn't know about it until I got married! I'll have to check out North & South now too.