Friday, 18 May 2012

3 Things

So 3 things today that I wanted to take note of...

1.
I was in the car with the kids waiting for Ryan and a man walked past.  Paige observed "that man looks sad."  I asked her why she thought that and her answer was, "because he hasn't got a wife!" 

2.
Ryan took me to see 'the Avengers' for mothers day (he'd had to work on mothers day and so was making up for that!) and we were sitting in an almost empty theatre.  Just as the movie was about to start an old lady came in (I'm guessing she was over 60).  It made me smile and I hope that I'll still go see movies like 'the Avengers' when I'm old!

3.
After the movie Ryan took me to dinner.  We went to the 'Fox and the Feather' for a good ol' pub meal.  At the end our server came over and said, "I have to tell you the man on the table next to has paid your bill for you.  I gave them your bill by mistake, it was $10 more and so I'm going to have to give you theirs.  I'm really sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me today!"  Could my day have gotten any better?!  We had gift certificates too and so our 3 course meal came to $1.57.  We gave the girl a big tip to say thank you.  Moral of the story, always check your bill!

No comments: