Ryan is away on young mens camp right now so I decided to take the time to take Paige on our first mummy-daughter date. I`ve been planning it for months and I`ve been so excited. I only told Paige about it a few hours before we went! We left the youngest two with Grandma and we went to have dinner and a movie. Where we had dinner was Paige`s choice (McDonalds) and what movie we saw was mine (Brave - you can`t go wrong with Pixar!).
We had a lovely dinner together, being silly and chit chatting and then we went to the movie theatre. Ryan had tried to take her to see a movie last summer but it ended badly with Paige running out the exit door before the show had been on for five minutes, so I was crossing my fingers this time that now she was older she was more ready. It was wonderful! She sat really well and we laughed and giggled together, Paige asked a few questions but otherwise sat and was really engaged with what was on the screen. I knew the movie was about a princess who wanted to change her fate (marriage) but other than that it was a surprise. Well, I couldn`t have picked a better first mother-daughter date movie! The whole movie was about the relationship the mother and daughter had and how they made it better. By the end of the film I was trying to hold back the tears it was just so lovely.
That night grandma put Paige to bed and said prayers with her and she said `thank you for my mummy daughter date`. I often worry that I don`t spend enough time having fun with Paige and it was lovely to go out with her just by ourselves to do something fun. She is such a wonderful inquisitive little girl and it really was a great date.
2 comments:
Mummy Daughter/ Son dates are so much fun! It is the best time to really get to know your little person. Mine really come into their own when we do it. Can't wait to see Brave too! Glad you thought it was good, I have heard mixed reviews but now can't wait for it to come out here! Glad you had a fun day!
Didn't that movie scare the pee out of her? She must be made of tough stuff! Scared Ella to bits but she loved it.
So glad you had a fun day. It was great to see you again.
Post a Comment