Sunday, 5 August 2012

Nursery

Sloan has been having a hard time when it comes to attending nursery at church for the last few months.  She doesn't want to go and it's been tough because her leaders haven't been there because of illness or holidays and so there's been a lot of different adults and it's been overwhelming for her.  Today however I volunteered to be in nursery due to the lack of regular nursery leaders being available and it gave me a lovely moment with my daughter.

When the kids first go in they get to play with toys.  It took Sloan a while to relax and believe me when I said I was staying (I normally slip out on her when she's distracted) and she stayed close to me the whole time and we played together.  When it came time to tidy up Sloan came up to me and said,
"Mummy I like it that you stayed and played with me today!" She gave me a hug and then continued to tidy up.  I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else today, just for that 10 second moment.

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Sam didn't go to nursery until it was almost time for him to be done nursery. I just didn't push it. He went when he was comfortable and that worked for him. Nursery is such a fun place to be and I"m happy you had that moment with your baby girl - who's not a baby anymore!! Wow, where does the time go, heh?