Last night I went straight from my work to Ryan's work as we were going to a club/venue to see a concert (or as I would like to call it a smelly sweaty mess!). We were going to see a group called Anberlin and I have to admit I was really excited. Ryan introduced me to Anberlin as I don't even think I'd ever heard of "emo" music before coming to Canada... I was raised on Brit pop and I have a thing for boy bands, Westlife being my all time love. The club was called Babylon (how fitting) and it was a small very black room with a bar at the back and that was about it. As excited as I was to see the band I immeadiately felt out of place surrounded by 15 year olds and an opening act screaming at the top of their lungs. That is not what I call music. So we watched a couple of the opening acts before popping out to get a bite to eat. Oh my goodness I had the most delicious sandwich at Quiznos, chicken corvdona I think, but my my it was tasty! It's making my mouth water just thinking about it! So the concert... we went back to catch the last opening act (there were four) and managed to weasel our way to the middle of the crowd for when the much anticipated Anberlin appeared. They put on a great show, it was a lot of fun, if you forget about the sweaty boys that surrounded you (one in particular wiping his gross back all over my arm, we were sqwished so much) and shoving you (yes did I mention high school kids???) but apparently that's what you do when listening to "emo" music. If Ryan hadn't been holding me and body checking every kid that came flying our way I'm sure I would not be here to tell this story..... great show though.
www.myspace.com/anberlin
So it finished in time for us to catch the hockey game (thank goodness), right know hockey is a priority in our lives. The Ottawa senators defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round of playoffs (yes we kicked Sid the kids b-e-hind) to get to round two to play the New Jersey Devils. We peeked into a pub to get the score before rushing to the car... radio... cable (purchased especially for this reason). What a game, we were cheering and crying and the only thing that matters is.... we WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a perfect evening. GO SENS GO. Our hearts will be truely broken if we don't go further than the second round, but we can and we will so watch this space and learn to LOVE hockey.
www.nhl.com
So this morning.... oh I laugh about it now. Ryan wakes up at 6.15am in a panic because he has to be at work at 7am for a staff breakfast. I'm dozing and he asks for the car, I say ok but realise I don't have any bus tickets. Ryan reassures me I can buy them at the shop across the road. So I'm sinking back into my lovely comfy warm spot in the bed with the puppy curled up beside me (yes he's sooooooo cute) when Ryan comes in again. I am informed that Corbit has pooped all over the living room and Ryan has stepped in it and walked it around anywhere it wasn't already. He didn't have time to clean it up but with a promise to make it up to me he runs out the door. Now.... if I'm going to make it to work on time, make lunch, breakfast, clean up poop, feed dog, shower and look pretty and take the puppy out to pee I need to get up at this point. My other option, enjoy my bed for another ten minutes and call in late. Of course I did the latter. I was only half an hour late for work which I was pretty pleased with (it could've been worse) and settled into a not so bad day.
Got home though and there was poop everywhere again. Corbit is poorly. Will be taking him to the vet on Monday. Watch this space. (As I know you are all rivited to what comes out of our puppy's bottom!)
2 comments:
I can top that. I could tell you about some of Ryan's poop that I have cleaned up, and he was bigger than your puppy. Although as a courtesy to your gentle readers I will restrain myself. Although it never made me late for work, it almost made me sick a few times.
See, this is the type of posting where words are preferred over pictures.
Post a Comment