Monday, 30 April 2007

Birthday Shout out!

So Ryan was complaining today that this blog was created to let people know about us and all I talk about is Corbit so this is a puppy free post.... let me just say that he is getting back to health. Now I promise that's it....

So today was a good day. After a full day at the Montreal Temple on Saturday, which was wonderful but exhausting and then a full Sunday helping our buddies move their stuff to storage (which was fun but real work) and then an afternoon on the phone to family (to do with blog title, info coming) and a roast dinner... which actually turned out GREAT and now back to work, I feel utterly exhausted! This Saturday though Ryan has to work so I will get a full day to myself that I'm actually looking forward too. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Ryan and me being on the same schedule and spending way more time together but it'll be nuice to have some me time without feeling like I'm being neglectful. Work was very quiet for me, I got to read my book for four hours! I'm reading a book called 'Sarum' by Edward Rutherford. I'm way too tired to type out an explanation so take the title and author and google it if you're interested. The owner of the company I work for lent it to me and at first I felt obligated to enjoy it but I really am honestly enjoying it!
Ryan had a good day, he's hired around 17 people since he started as HR manager and is getting good feed back from the managers from all the new employees. We may be entering a rough time though, he's also put a tonne of people on probabtion, there may be some firing experience coming up!

So I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my grandad Bill who turned 70 a week and a half ago. I called him on Sunday as I thought my whole family was getting together and then realised that that was the last Sunday and I missed it. Story of my life. I amused my grandad by saying Corbit's a shi-tzu, he thought it was hillarious as they say you pronounce it shu-it-zu.

We have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my father in-law who's birthday is today. The best birthday present he could get (I'm sure) is a win from the Sens who were playing tonight. Ryan made sure he's get his best birthday present by adding it into every prayer today! We were able to enjoy a glorious 2-0 victory although they had us a little worried not scoring until the third period! GO SENS GO!

So Ryan just told me I'm doing this blog thing all wrong. I have to stop writing essays and just put pictures and little comments. I disagree. We'll leave it at that.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Tell Ryan that I love your blog whether it is just a picture or if it is a novel. Post some pics of you guys, I don't think I've ever seen your hubby!

Lexi said...

Cue Lexi: put foot in mouth. I just went to your very first blog and there was a picture of you guys. What a cute couple! Katie you are looking great (!) and you have quite a cute husband to compliment you. Plus you have a WAY cute pup. I want a little dog so bad. Jeff wants a big one. We'll see what we end up with. So far we just have a cat...

D said...

This posting was not puppy-free. I just thought I would point that out.

I think it's fine to write long entries. I do it all the time and that's my favourite part.