Monday, 7 May 2007

Stupidest thing I've ever heard!

So here is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.... some bigwigs here in the city are proposing to build a casino in downtown Ottawa using the fact that the extra cash surplus that it would generate would mean taxes wouldn't need to be raised. Now I'm all for taxes not being raised but I think a casino would be the worst idea ever. Now the stupidest part was they also said that money raised from the casino would be put towards programs to help people with gambling addictions. HELLO.... DOES THIS SEEM CRAZY TO ANYONE ELSE?!?! Why not just not build the casino so people don't ruin theirs and other people's lives and then you don't have to raise money to help them overcome their gambling addiction. I should have been mayor!

So on a lighter note, this weekend I heard this funny noise and went to out balcony and there was a hot air balloon getting lower and lower. So here are some pictures! (If anyone isn't sure what the CTV is on the balloon, it's our local tv station. )


1 comment:

Lexi said...

Yeah, let's have a beer tasting contest and let the proceeds go to Alcoholics Anonymous. Come on!