Saturday, 5 May 2007

You lucky things, two entries in one day!

So I read some inspirational thing somewhere this week and now I feel inspired to carry my camera around and take lots of pictures/memories and now I have somewhere to use them it'll be even more fun!

I also wish I'd taken some pictures on Sunday.... on Sunday we have some friends (Jesse and Michelle) who are from Timmins and who moved back for the summer so we helped them move their furniture into storage. Jesse then had an exam (how stupid to have an exam on a Sunday) and Michelle spent the afternoon watching Anne of Green Gables while I called my family. I mention this day though for a special reason. I made my first roast dinner. It tasted great. There was chicken and vegetables, gravy and yorkshire puddings (shamefully not homemade even though my nan gave me the recipie, I just ran out of time!). It went down so well I want to do another one. That Sunday was a really great day though. For dinner we not only had a roast but Michelle & Jesse were there and so were Kate & Dan. I had such a great time and should mention the marvellous apple crisp that Dan & Kate made! Good food, good friends what more could anyone ask for! I really wish I'd taken some pictures! So for the time being I'll have to add some other pictures just so you know who the people I talk about in my blogs are!

Angela (my sister in-law) is pregnant right now (WOOHOO!) and this week she sent a picture of her first utlrasound. It blew my mind away! As if that is a picture of her baby! That's all I wanted to say :)

I took Corbit for a really long walk on Wednesday to the library (it was an hour 1/2 long trip... including stops). The weather right now is absolutely phenomenal, I want to get a frisbee and a football to kick around! I was returning some DVDs I'd borrowed and some cds of Ryans. Imagine my shock the next day when we got a call from the library saying one of the cases was missing the cd! So I jumped in the car and returned it and now we have a late fee. Where is the mercy I ask you?! I got the cd case back in time!

On Thursday night Ryan's work had a fundraiser for the charity they work with (the Children's wish foundation) that we went too. It was a lot of fun! It was a poker night but all the entrance fee went to the charity and any food bought the money went to charity. Gary the guy running the bar was my favourite because he kept giving me free ginger ales because he loved the way I said his name! Once again another event I wish I had my camera at! So I got out in the first round (two more chips and I'd have gone through) and Ryan managed to get all the way to the final! We were pretty impressed. Then he bet everything he had because he had a great hand but someone had an even greater hand! Walking Corbit that night we talked about why we don't play poker. Here are our reasons:
1. Obviously the prophet said not too!
2. I would be a gambling addict.
3. Ryan loves saving money too much.
4. In games of luck you're either lucky or not. Most of the time it's not.

You know what the funniest kind of fights to have are? Not Ryan v. Katie fights but male v. female fights. One's that you can't really apologise for because you know all the girls will take your side and all the boys will take his side. We had one of those Friday night. I guess it's a good thing Ryan is working on this Saturday! hehe.

So to finish up here are some random pictures! I had a great time this morning, I found how to get rid of red eye and crop and all that fun stuff!


So this is a picture of Corbit grinning!


Since starting my blog Ryan has started posing for pictures for me to post. Yes this is my husband, I promise he is an adult! Isn't that a cute hairband I got though! I love it!


This is a picture of Michelle, me and Lindsey after my birthday party in December at Lindseys house! Ryan had to work so we all got together and they made me dinner and the most delicious chocolate cupcakes! Unfortunately I don't have a more recent picture, I should get on that! I also don't have a picture with Kate.... that problem I will remedy!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

So I'm starting to notice a trend in your pictures - you are always wearing such cute clothes! I think I need to take some fashion advice from you, go ahead and post a pic of you in every outfit you own...lol And obviously Ryan has quite a fashion sense too, I mean, look at that headband!! He should be on the runway with that.