Thursday, 14 June 2007

Ode to the Pineapple


Fresh pineapple is my absolute favourite food. Whether you eat so much your tongue burns or savour it slowly on a hot summers day. You can imagine my shock and horror when cutting open my fresh pineapple tonight for a delicious snack that I found the edges had gone soft and there wasn't that fresh delicious pineapple smell radiating from the core. I swear I even saw mold! After all the anticipation! I'd even prepped myself all day so I'd be ready to cut.... yes I know how to cut a fresh pineapple the way God intended it to be cut. So this is my ode to the pineapple. My $5 down the drain. My tummy acids will not have the delicious yellow stuff to keep them satisfied this evening. My healthy snack is in the bin. Next time..... Ryan picks the pineapple.

4 comments:

Lexi said...

Sounds like you are my mom's lost twin. She is the ultimate pineapple queen, and also knows how to cut it the way God intended. Sorry it didn't work out, I felt like that when I saw that my muffins had been knocked off the top of the fridge by my cat and the tops had been eaten off. What kind of cat eats muffins?!

Anyway, in response to your comment on my pic, that was my parent's house (yes, I had my b-day party at my parents...does that make me a nerd?) I liked your last post too, about the patience stuff. Very nice.

By the way, how far away of a drive is New York City from where you live?

Anonymous said...

That's so frustrating! I love the fresh juicy taste! YUMMY!@
Michele

D said...

NY is 7.5 hours away. It's almost next door.

Staint ONs said...

shame bout that pinapple sweetie. u no wot i opened a corner yoghurt the other day and on the lid INSIDE was a big ol bit of mold. EW. ANd yer it is very dissapointing :(
In answer to ure question sweetie SImon won the apprentice.
THANKU for my birthday message i had a lovely day and got SCRUBS series 5!!!!!!!!!!
The move is still in progress as we are only half way. jus stoppin at grandparents house and then movin into our house as soon as :)