Sunday, 10 June 2007

Patience

Today at church and then in my head there was a lot of talking and thinking about patience. An interesting subject. Patience is something I definitely lack, I'm not gonna lie! Most people lack patience, especially in today's world. When driving, in a queue, when you're hungry or tired. Yes, for something that is free you would think more people would take the opportunity to get as much as they could! I have a hard time being patient as I get excited about and idea and put all my energy into pulling it off as quickly as I can. This is not successful very often. However I do have some examples of how patience pays off.....

One of my favourite shows right now is 'House'. I think it's hilarious how Hugh Laurie can pull off such a convincing American accent. I also have a mini crush on him in the show. So anyway I wanted to get the first two seasons on DVD. In Walmart they were just over $50 each and on amazon I could get both for $100. However I waited (we first saw House probably last September). We were in Walmart last week and they were selling seasons 1 & 2 for $65!!!!! It was like a dream come true and now I can watch the show whenever I want and know how to cure someone who is dying from a disease that they have a one in a trillion chance of getting... isn't medicine wonderful?!

So my second example is my new chair. I love papasan chairs. Big round wicker things you can just curl up in and read a book. They're about $200. We waited. We went to Kate's parents for dinner where Kate had discarded (what a crime) her old papasan chair. Her parents didn't want it and so we claimed it. It is our reading chair and the most comfortable thing in the world! With my new pjs, a good book a cheese and tomato sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk, I am in heaven!

Another example I have of patience is my husband. I married a great guy. I didn't date before but I held out knowing I wasn't a lost cause, there was someone out there for me. I found him. Two and a half years later we are still married. I believe we've beaten the greater part of the population at this point. Good thing too as he's stuck with me for eternity which I am sure will be a test of his patience. Aren't I the lucky one?!

No comments: