Thursday, 27 September 2007

The Bus

So on Monday and Tuesday I had to get the bus to and from work. I didn't mind, it's nice not having the stress of driving! I was lucky too, both days were lovely and sunny, not bad weather for waiting outside in. On Monday I had to wait 15mins for the bus while my coworkers left work and commented on my taking the bus. It wasn't bad comments, I just didn't want the attention, I wanted to wait in peace. So on Tuesday I sat myself on the ground and started reading, looking up every ten seconds to check for the bus. Then I got to a good part in my book and didn't look up and the next thing I heard was a huge honk and screeching brakes. The bus driver had seen me just in time and instead of being mean and ignoring my inattentiveness he stopped for me! A lady on the bus then went on to ask me about what I was reading and what she was reading and a Jane Austen conversation ensued until we both switched buses. People don't normally talk to me on the bus. It was nice.

I share this story as I often hear negative things about some things bus drivers do and I wanted to share something good that a bus driver did.

2 comments:

Eric Jakob said...

My youth made me hate bus drivers

Eric Jakob said...

Ryan says you've got a family with some interesting hollywood connections.

Can they get me onto a magnum P.I episode?