What a weekend! Ryan started painting our bedroom on Thursday night in preparation for our new carpets that are being laid this coming Saturday (very excited!). Due to the painting our bed was covered in all our clothes from the closet and the curtains making it un-sleepable in. The fumes also made it a no go. However, we are not scared of the ground and so our living room floor became our make shift bed. We did try the couch but it's not wide enough for us both on the best of days so working with a huge belly made it more or less impossible. We threw down the blankets and pillows and settled on down for the night. Ugh. I didn't sleep that badly but I awoke frequently... if I could sleep on my back I'm sure it would of been ok but I'm a side sleeper and have discovered I have protruding hip bones meaning I needed to switch sides often, and due to not having a cozy mattress to aid my rollover I had to lift myself every time I had to turn waking myself up. Not the most comfortable. Friday night it went a little easier. Saturday was Lindsey's birthday and so we threw her a little surprise party and with errands and the like, it meant the painting schedule was pushed back. Saturday night was a little easier than Friday night. Sunday I woke up feeling awful. I'm really feeling the lack of proper sleep. Ryan was leaving for Toronto after church and so I woke up early to make sure I could make him a good breakfast and a snack and to make sure he had everything ready and we wouldn't be late for church. We went to church, my head was pounding and my eyes felt puffy and sleepy. Ryan left mid-way leaving me still with no bed but a couch to sleep on (yay!) while he enjoys a five star hotel for the next three nights. Feeling sad that my husband was gone and being extremely tired I went to my last meeting where after being scared away I left early and went home extremely upset for no real good reason. (Blaming the pregnancy right here!) I knew Ryan would call me that night before bed (and I knew full well that wouldn't be until after the Hockey All-Star game) and all I wanted was to have a hug and a sympathetic ear.
I must just side track in my story right here and say..... dog really is mans best friend. Corbit is a little star. He annoys me to no end sometimes but even if he gets trodden on by mistake or knocked or thrown in the air, he still comes back to you tail wagging just wanting to be with you. That's true love right there.
So an unexpected phone call from the Jakobs meant my dinner that night was going to be a little more nourishing than pancakes. (Ummmmm I love pancakes right now). I was able to spend a couple of hours with a good family and I had a lovely time. Feeling better than I had all afternoon I arrived home to two messages on the answering machine. The first one was great, another dinner invitation for the next day (pancakes delayed again) and the second was my lovely husband letting me know he had made it safely to Toronto and he would call me tomorrow.... my heart sank and I started shouting at the phone "no! no! not acceptable! I won't be home! you have to call me tonight! call me!!!!!!!!" yes I am crazy and I'm not scared to admit it. I didn't even know where he was staying other than it was next to the CN tower, so I couldn't call him back. I had so much I needed to talk to him about and he'd only be gone eight hours and I wasn't going to be home at 7 the next night, so that would be two nights not being able to talk to him. Obviously my emotions were beginning to get the better of me again so I curled up on the couch and called Kate so that someone knew all about my day.
1 comment:
I love that you write all abotu your day good and bad keep it up I love reading it and i am feeling your pain with matt gone for a week...
Post a Comment