As I have been reading different blogs there have been many entries on Christmas with great pictures and even updates on how New Years was. I have found it curious and interesting though that I have yet to find any entries on New Years resolutions! Has the world's population ceased to make them??? Are they too private and embarrassing to be shared in an online journal? Just something I found interesting.
As for myself, I do not make New Year's resolutions. I use the time to maybe re-evaluate what I should be doing and try to commit myself to doing things better but as for making actual goals to accomplish, that's really not my cup of tea. You see, I've never really been good at goal making. I will spontaneously find something that I would love to do or accomplish that I become so consumed with for a few weeks but then when reality starts to hit in it kind of gets left at the wayside. Maybe I'm just not disciplined enough. I know I could of achieved so much more at times in my life (for example, in school) and I know I have lots of potential but if I think that something might be too hard I kind of give up on it. I don't have the confidence in myself that I could actually achieve something like that or do it as well as someone else. I don't even know where I would begin to find out what I could be potentially good at. Part of me doesn't even think it's a 'thing' I would be good at at all, rather maybe I can expand some good parts of my personality. It's an interesting thing to think about though, what our potential may be.
I am not discontented with life though. I'm very excited for the next stage in my life and the new doors it will open for me. The first thing I plan to try my hand at is making curtains for the baby's room. I can picture in my head exactly what I want, we'll just see if I can make it happen. I'm very lucky to know some very talented people.
No comments:
Post a Comment