Last night I went to my friends house (she's due three weeks before me) to do a prenatal yoga DVD someone had given her. It was FUN! But I am not the kind of person I think who has the mind frame for yoga. I laugh at the breathing, my thoughts get distracted and I lau
gh at how bendy they are as I am not flexible at all! I can't even sit cross legged, that's how inflexible I am. I did enjoy the yoga moves from the ground though, standing up I just felt silly! So after an hour of yoga I felt lovely and relaxed and then had a nice chat with my friend and then noticed the time.... crap. It was 8.40pm and I had to get Ryan more primer from Home Depot as I'd left him at home painting and he was starting the guest/playroom. So I suddenly became stressed as I drove watching the minutes tick by, racing to get to Home Depot before it closed at 9pm. I made it at 8.55 went running into the store rushed over to get the 18 gallon tub of primer and started to drag it in my five months pregnant state over to the register to pay for it. At that point I realised the store didn't close until 10pm. I almost laughed until I realised I still had to get groceries and some more wool from Walmart. I'm sick, all I wanted to do was go to bed! One of the store helpers walked by me and asked if I needed any help. I asked if I could have a trolley (cart) so I didn't have to
drag the huge tub of paint out to my car (I was already worn out and I'd moved about 8 feet!) and the lovely man got me one! He hauled the paint and I went on my way. I then got to my car and realised there was no way I could get the 18 gallon paint jug from the cart to my car. Luckily there were a couple of guys getting into their car next to me and I explained I was pregnant and couldn't lift it and they were both falling over themselves to help! One put it in my car while the other whisked my cart away. I was SO grateful.
gh at how bendy they are as I am not flexible at all! I can't even sit cross legged, that's how inflexible I am. I did enjoy the yoga moves from the ground though, standing up I just felt silly! So after an hour of yoga I felt lovely and relaxed and then had a nice chat with my friend and then noticed the time.... crap. It was 8.40pm and I had to get Ryan more primer from Home Depot as I'd left him at home painting and he was starting the guest/playroom. So I suddenly became stressed as I drove watching the minutes tick by, racing to get to Home Depot before it closed at 9pm. I made it at 8.55 went running into the store rushed over to get the 18 gallon tub of primer and started to drag it in my five months pregnant state over to the register to pay for it. At that point I realised the store didn't close until 10pm. I almost laughed until I realised I still had to get groceries and some more wool from Walmart. I'm sick, all I wanted to do was go to bed! One of the store helpers walked by me and asked if I needed any help. I asked if I could have a trolley (cart) so I didn't have to
drag the huge tub of paint out to my car (I was already worn out and I'd moved about 8 feet!) and the lovely man got me one! He hauled the paint and I went on my way. I then got to my car and realised there was no way I could get the 18 gallon paint jug from the cart to my car. Luckily there were a couple of guys getting into their car next to me and I explained I was pregnant and couldn't lift it and they were both falling over themselves to help! One put it in my car while the other whisked my cart away. I was SO grateful.So here's a shout out to those three men yesterday who helped me. In my emotional state they will probably never understand how much it meant to have people help. I am extremely grateful and if anyone is ever wondering where all the good people in the world have gone.... they're here in Ottawa.
1 comment:
Jeff and I started Yoga the other day and I can't stop laughing either. I love when they say things like, "Breathe in and let the oxygen illuminate your cellular structure." O....K...
Glad you found some nice guys to help you out.
Post a Comment