Friday, 14 March 2008

Maternity Leave

Who would've thought picking a date to stop working would be so hard! Apart from the unpredictability of pregnancy, which means there can be no hard core planning about which date the baby will definitely come, you also have to try and consider financial costs and what to fill your time with while waiting, especially when moving around isn't necessarily the easiest thing to do! You know after I ate dinner last night I really actually couldn't move. I guess I ate too much but I was so full my stomach felt like it would pop that all I could do was lie down and nap!!!

My mum is coming to visit in two weeks. This I am very excited for as one thing I miss is my mums cooking. She'll be the first one to tell you it's nothing special but I'm telling you right now, it's always delicious. She plans to fill our freezer for when baby comes and if my mum wants to fill my freezer who am I to stop her?! I do love my mum for more things than just her cooking. She's spunky and all my friends love her and I love seeing how her being so completely normal makes Ryan crack up so much. She was a stay at home mum and probably the reason I want to do the same thing.

The week preceding my mother's visit Ryan's sister Laura is coming for a week. This also makes me very excited as I have a wonderful in-law family. We get to take advantage of my parent-in-laws being close by and enjoy their company often, however, after Ryan and I got married both of his sisters did too, thus moving them away from Ottawa and this makes me very sad as I love them both tonnes!

So put the visitors together with having to decide when to leave work makes it a tough decision. Hopefully by jotting these thoughts down it will help me plan things a little more in my head as I re-read but it's something that I probably have to make a decision on soon. Goodness, it's only approx.11 weeks until the baby comes!!! Pregnancy is almost over for me. Wow. Aren't I lucky that picking when to go on maternity leave is the most stressful thing in my life right now!

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

I worked until a month before...but then I was bored stiff for a month (and then another week beyond that). It's nice to have the extra time before the baby to get things organized but at the same time, for me, Oprah got old really quick!!