
So this weekend bought a huge snowstorm, dumping 51cm of the glorious white stuff on us. We knew it was coming and so this weekend we did nothing! We were inside our nice cozy home watching the snow fall.... and fall.... and then fall some more. Our total snowfall for this winter has been over 400cm, just about 20cm shy of the record in the early 70's. Church was cancelled (for the second time this year) which was quite a relief as there's no way we would have been up and shovelled out in time to make it for 9.30am. The roads were ploughed to the minimum on Sunday morning. This morning I woke up ready to head off to work and reversed out of my parking spot to get myself well and
truly stuck once again. This time I refused to try and make it to work (I deserve a snow day) and realized that my tires were spinning on ice so all I could do was sit tight for someone to give me a push. After twenty minutes the plow guy came and helped me out. I was extremely grateful. I also had the guy who helped me when I was stuck on Weds turn up as I was being pushed out and gave me some helpful tips to stop myself from being in the same
predicament again. I just smiled and
enthusiastically thanked him while in my head screaming "I was doing all that and I still got stuck!!!" So here are some pictures, they don't really do the snow fall any justice but you get the idea.
You can see where Ryan tried to clear a path for Corbit

That's where our fence should be, the snow has joined all of our gardens together!

The path Ryan shovelled and our snow bank!
The view looking down from our upstairs window.
I call this one 'The Homeless man and his dog'!
4 comments:
I can totally sympathize with you. Our situation in Calgary is identical, minus the snow.
It's supposed to be +14C today.
Ive been thinking spring was here I hea better not get too comfortable with that idea.....
Wowza's! That is sooooo crazy! I heard about all the snow there... glad I got out when I did!!! :)
Yeah. That's pretty much my backyard too ;)
Post a Comment