What a crazy but wonderful couple of weeks! It started with Laura, Ryan's sister coming to visit and it was so much fun getting to see her! I miss her being in Idaho but they'll be back at Christmas and hopefully we'll get to go down that way sometime soon. The funnest was over the weekend when she was here and Ryan's other sister Angela came up too.... we highlighted my hair and coloured Angela's from a blonde to a brown, it looks SO good! Mine turned out just right too :)
Then my mum came! That too was so much fun! We did lots of baby shopping. I've never ever gotten emotional when leaving my family before, I was always taking off on some adventure and ready for it but this time when mum left there were tears.... quite a few! Some of it is probably hormones, some of it was I'd just had so much fun with her getting ready for baby and having someone to do stuff with that Ryan would of definately not enjoyed doing. It kinda makes me hope baby is a girl, having a girl around to talk to all the time who understands girl emotions and it's not a big deal makes a huge difference! Actually that has lead to probably the most profound thing that I was thinking about today... I've definately gotten into the habit of probably making a bigger deal out of some things than it needs to be and being very unforgiving of myself. After conference this week though and the uplifting time that was and after having my mum around to talk too I've realised I can improve in this area. No bad can come from it right!
I also handed in my notice for maternity leave at work. May 9th is my last day.... one month! Woohoo! I can't wait, there's so much I have at home that I want to do. That'll give me a month before my due date too to get ready... if baby doesn't come early!
1 comment:
let the count down begin!!
Post a Comment