Motivation Monday - The rules of the game are simple enough…just list 5 things you wish to achieve during the week ahead and hopefully get motivated!
- Pack my hospital bag - baby's is done I just have to gather the items for mine.
- Clean out my kitchen cupboards - I need to find a shelf where we can put things like baby bottles, plastic plates, sippy cups. I bought a step yesterday to keep in the kitchen so now it's easy to reach the top shelves and I won't be scared about putting things up too high and forgetting them as now I can reach! Ryan is not convinced of it's usefulness at this point and is trying to convince me to take it back. All I have to say is back off buddy, let me manage the kitchen! hehe.
- I have to call the library, I took out a book I really want to read but had to finish another book first and I don't want to incur a fine no matter how small the amount may be.
- Apply for my maternity pay - I can do it online and I'm just waiting for my record of employment to come through from work. If I don't get it today I should email work and ask where it is.
- Hoover (vacuum) - Ryan doesn't think it's needs doing as often as I think it does, so I need to do it while he's out of the house otherwise he won't let me do it! hehe. Who knows, it may even induce labour, I'll hoover all day if there's a chance!
"Hurry up, we want to meet you!"
6 comments:
Maternity pay...really? I'm trying to think if we have anything like that in the States... Not having had a child, I wouldn't know.
Good luck finding a spot for all of baby's things! Kitchens (in my experience) never seem to have enough space!
fight for your step!!!
i have one for the kitchen otherwise i would never reach half the shelves in there and i love it.
it is by far the best kitchen purchase i have ever made.
Enjoy your time to be "bored" you'll look back and say: those were the days :) Haha but life with your baby is like nothing anyone can describe. I'm sooo excited for this baby to arrive, we'll be there in July I think so we'll have to make some plans!!!! Have fun with it all :)
Hey, I think I need a step in my kitchen too!!
I am excited to finally see baby kirk, he/she will be beautiful. The last few weeks can be so long. I vacumed my house like 3 times a day the last week before Bryton was born I also mowed the lawn (an acre yard) and jumped on the trampoline. I don't think it helped at all only made me sore...
Hi Katie! Funny thing.... I know Ryan! I am friends with his sisters!
Yes, my husband is from Englan d. He was northampton stake. And he does remember both you and Emma Baird. It is so funny how he has met so many people over here who know his friends back home or they have come to visit mutual acquaintances. What a small world!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope everything goes well for you both and enjoy every moment! They grow too fast!
Talk soon, Jackie (and Jamie and Angela)
Post a Comment