Monday, 29 September 2008

More on sleep

I know I talk about Paige's sleeping patterns a lot but that's because I LOVE my sleep and I'm either a grumpy zombie because I haven't had enough or I've had enough and I want to tell the world because it makes me happy and it's something I've not expected because I have a baby :)I never really understood when mums would say how going to church on a Sunday messes with their babies schedule, trust me it does. It's right over nap time and even though Paige may fall asleep it's never for very long, there's just way more interesting stuff going on. She hates being in the gym, she'll never last very long when we have lessons in there but loves all the attention she gets from everyone. So yesterday through the course of the day she had about three naps none of them longer than half an hour. We went to Ryan's parents to relax in their new hot tub (SWEET!) and to spend the evening there and she was fine for the start. Then the tiredness caught up with her and she was exhausted. We got her to sleep a little before nine and then thought she would wake up when we put her in her car seat to go home... didn't make a peep. Then I thought she's definitely going to wake up when we take her out of her car seat and put her in her own bed... she briefly opened her eyes and was out for the count once again. Ryan and I were sooo tired and I was worried she would wake up in the middle of the night because she'd had enough sleep... I was wrong. She woke up just before eight in the morning, showed us her smile, had breakfast and was out for the count again. It's now noon, she's still asleep and boy, she must of been really really tired.

I however feel great, I got to sleep all morning too and if I wasn't sleeping I was enjoying our lovely comfortable bed. We got to stay at Ryan's hotel this weekend as he was the duty manager and working. It was a weekend of embarrassment and relaxation. The embarrassment came when I was going through the tv channels and once I got to the one where you can buy movies I decided to go back to a previous channel but instead of going through all of them again I would just punch in the number. However I did it wrong and before I knew what had happened I had purchased an adult movie. When it said the movie would be starting shortly I panicked and turned off the tv as that's the only way I could think of to make sure it didn't keep playing. When Ryan finished work and came up I was beginning to tell him when he said he already knew! Uh-oh. Yes, when you buy that kind of movie I guess it shows up on front desks computers so they all knew I had selected it and were teasing Ryan about it. Of course the general manager will also know about it when he gets handed the report for the weekend. I had a lot of teasing from Ryan that night (and every night since) and from the staff when I went to explain the next morning.

2 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Glad you're getting some much needed sleep!

Had to laugh about the movie - very funny!!!!!

Eric Jakob said...

Paige rolled over last week, this week it is your dead ancestors that rolled over in their grave when you ordered that movie.