So there was a reason behind Paige's big sleep the other day, I guess this is where I feel reassured that I do actually have mothering instincts that I just need to fine tune! All that sleeping and then even when she was awake she didn't seem like her normal self, she would just sit in her chair staring, a smile would appear when you interacted but she wasn't her bubbly self. On Tuesday the day looked like it would follow the same pattern as Monday, however when she woke up at 2pm and I went to get her and change her she had this red rash all over her belly and on the bottom of her back. Now I'm no doctor but it wasn't there at 8.30 that morning so I knew it wasn't normal. Luckily we were able to get in to see a doctor that night. By five the rash now covered her whole back and her neck and beginning to cover her scalp. The doctor was lovely, Paige had no fever (I knew that already, it was what was keeping me calm, no fever no worry), no earache, no throat problems, however it was concluded she did have a virus. The Roseola virus. Apparently very common in babies under a year. By the time we got home from the doctors she was beginning to be more herself. She was talking for a full hour and a half that evening! All that saved up conversation! hehe. That evening the rash continued to spread and was on her face too... my poor baby, she got lots of cuddles to help her go to sleep that night :) By this morning the rash had completely gone from her face and head and by this afternoon it was gone completely. When speaking to a friend who's child had had the same virus apparently the rash is the final stage and then they get better. She's definitely closer to being her lovely self again. She's still a little clingy and agitated but, she's talking again and moving around and I'm glad she wants cuddles because I want to give them to her!
I did think about taking a picture but decided it would be mean so here's one of her baby model shots!
Today I did have a really special moment with Paige. She smiles constantly and talks ALOT but she rarely would actually laugh. She had done it for Ryan a few times but never for me. However, today I was playing on her mat with her and went to "eat" her tummy and I got a big laugh! Twice!!! It was such a wonderful moment being able to make my baby girl laugh, I was just over the moon, so happy! I wanted to make sure I wrote it down so I would never forget.
3 comments:
Did she have a fever at all? 2/3 of my kids have had roseola but they had a VERY high fever at one point.
Interesting this parenting gig eh? What a learning experience.
Glad to hear Paige is on the mend.
nope no fever which is why I didn't realise she was sick sooner. She was just very lethargic.
Bryton had that when she was little she had a really high fever though too but same thing she stated getting better and then got a rash all over..it is scary when the are so little and they get sick, I am glad she is ok and she does have a beautiful smile!!
Post a Comment