Friday, 2 January 2009

Finally... our England Post

So there were a few things from last year I didn't get around to blog about that I really should....
In October I took Paige on a trip back to England, a part of her life I want her to be extremely aware of as I am very proud of where I come from and feel very blessed to have been able to live and grow up across the ocean on a little Island known as Great Britain. We gave Ryan big hugs and kisses and embarked on our adventure...

Paige took very well to being on the airplane. She obviously didn't get as much sleep as normal and we spent the time in the lounge waiting to board pacing up and down getting some smiles from people, it kept her quiet though as long as I was standing! Those carry Bjorn things are great! The gentleman sitting next to us on the plane was planning on moving to some empty seats at the back to sleep, being concerned that he wouldn't get any rest sitting next to a baby but she was so good he stayed next to us the whole flight and even played with Paige a little! We flew during the night arriving in England early in the morning on a Friday. That weekend was a lot of catching up with the girls I grew up with.
Monday came around and Paige and I went down to London to stay with my grandparents for the week. It was an absolutely wonderful week, I miss my grandparents a lot and it was lovely seeing how much they loved Paige instantly. Paige took to my grandad Bill straight away and had a wonderful week with him wrapped around her finger, trying to get him to feed her big people food which he gladly would do... yes it was busy having to keep an eye on the two of them! I was able to catch up with all my cousins and aunts and uncles on my mums side which was great as we are a close family and I miss seeing them all and being part of what is going on in their lives.


While we were visiting with my mums family in London I took an afternoon to meet my dads sister, my auntie Rachael who lives in London too. A short train ride to Trafalgar square and a lovely afternoon catching up. As we were walking across the square we were stopped by a little film crew making a documentary about the credit crunch for an exhibition in the Tate Modern. They wanted to ask Paige what she thought....

After that week we went back home to spend a lovely week with family. We visited with more friends - one of our neighbours Mr Ellis who is like an adopted granddad to us and more family. It was such a wonderful trip!

And one of the favouritest things from our trip... Paige was able to have two photos taken that are both each four generations. We are so lucky to have our family around still!



1 comment:

Jess O said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Those four generation pics are great! Make sure you keep those somewhere safe, I'm sure Paige will want those when she's grown up.