Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Hello Mr President

I am definately not American, but today Paige and I sat and watched as a new president was sworn in for the United States and as he spoke of the potential that they have as individual citizens and as a country. I have to admit that emotion overcame me and some tears were there. President Obama is one amazing public speaker! It feels you with hope for the future. Even though I am not American by living in Canada the situation in America does effect us here. It is exciting to enter this new era and to look to the future and to see what can happen when we work hard enough and when we come together.

2 comments:

Eric Jakob said...

Wasn't that great. He jumped right to it too. You should see all of the things he did today. Some heavy changes.

SAH in Suburbia said...

We watched it too. I'm certainly not a democrat but I must say I LOVED his speech. I cried - sad, I know but it was very moving!! I wish we could generate some of that political enthusiasm in Canada...we could use the energy and charisma of an Obama!