Saturday, 13 June 2009

Chow time!


Paige is a lover of fruit in particular. She has some fruit with every meal and I try and make sure she gets it for her snacks. She loves oranges and strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, apples, grapes and a new one today plums. I'm extremely happy with this as it means I eat more fruit too and that's never a bad thing. She also likes vegetables - pepper, tomato, cucumber and carrots, although she eats them better if I'm eating them and they're off my plate!

She does have a sweet tooth, chocolate is a particular favourite and once again, if I'm sitting eating it of course I'll share with my baby girl! I mention this because even though this is my parenting and food philosophy Paige still surprises me with it! I often see parents with kids crying in the shopping trolleys walking around the supermarket and to keep the child quiet they get given sweets or chocolate or a biscuit and it's very effective! Today we went grocery shopping and Paige chose what she would like to keep her quiet during our trip.... the cucumber. It was actually hilarious walking around seeing this little girl chomping away on this big cucumber! I didn't get a picture of it but here are some pictures of Paige and her love of food!
(The three of Paige and the cheese are some of my favourites!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha she has the cutest little looks I love it. I totally agree...someone I met in Arizona was wondering my her boy wasn't eating well, and then I asked her what his first food was...ice cream!! Oh dear. Benson doesn't have that big of a variety that he loves, but cucumber is deff one of his favorites too! Hope you're feeling well!!

4urlynnformation said...

I remember you eating cucumber!
Dad x