Ryan and I are two very different people. Goodness knows how we ended up together but we did, I'm happy about it so bring on the compromising! I'm posting this as it can be quite humorous sometimes, frustrating at others but when I take the time to think about it I can actually see how our complete differences make life better. I often read or hear people talking about their relationships with their spouses and sometimes it can be hard when you don't appear to have a lot in common. However, I do know a lot of people who are like Ryan and I and share completely different interests but are still happy together. So this is just a reminder of how you should appreciate the differences you have because even though it may mean you don't get to have things the way you would want them all the time it definitely makes life more interesting! ...............
Ryan gets things done in his own time. He knows something has to be done he'll do it when he feels like it.
Katie can't relax when she knows something has to get done. Do it and get it over with so it's one less thing to think about.
Katie likes to go out.
Ryan loves the microwave.
Katie thinks the microwave should be used very occasionally, just to reheat.
Ryan likes mashed potatoes.
Ryan doesn't like answering the phone.
Katie doesn't like answering the phone but what she dislikes even more is not knowing who called. Guess which one wins!
Ryan is a fabulous HR manager because he has the incredible ability to be able to assess someones character quickly and he can make everyone love him instantly without himself getting attached (which comes in handy when you have to fire someone!).
Katie would be an awful HR manager because she gets attached.
Katie loves having a car, the freedom it gives and how it makes her feel like a grown up!
Ryan likes to read what I call "learning books", psychological, statistical or sociologically based.
Katie loves a good story.
Ryan likes vanilla.
We have completely different tastes in music. Katie however is a lot more flexible in what she likes than Ryan. Saying that Ryan has taken me to some fantastic concerts even though he hasn't liked the artist!
Ryan is very good with money.
Katie wasn't bad with money but through Ryan's guidance has become very good too :)
I have to note right now reading this is cracking me up. I'm glad Ryan and I are different. It may make things difficult sometimes but it really is a blessing. Ryan has taught me how to slow down and make the most of what we have around us and to appreciate it. When it comes down to it we're the same in some ways that it counts the most....
We both want whats best for our little family.
We both love hockey.
We both love a hot climate.
We both would like a sunroom when we buy our dream home, we love the sound of rain on the glass and the protection you have while enjoying nature.
We both agree on what we want to do when we retire!
3 comments:
So what are you going to do when you retire?
And will it be before we retire?
Dad x
I loved this post! I think that opposites do well balancing each other out.
This was such a great post to read. I feel the same way about my husband and myself! Sometimes I wonder how we fell in love. Haha. But I'm glad we did.
Oh, and I miss you!
Post a Comment