Wow, it's been a really long time since I blogged and blogged properly! However it is accurate of how I feel time has just flown by this summer. Normally I would be going to bed right now but something happened this evening that I felt just had to be documented. I'm actually surprised at how calmly I handled everything and how amusing I found the whole situation, I really must be becoming the mother of a toddler!
The evening started off with a lot of potential to be wonderful and relaxing. Ryan had church meetings to go to and then had to go back to work so once Paige was in bed at 7pm (the little angel!) I figured I would watch a few episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory', then do the dishes from dinner see what was on tv now we have cable again (I will do another post later to catch up on our summer adventures) and failing all that I would snuggle up in bed with my book. Just thinking about that potential evening makes me relaxed.
Just after 7pm I had a phone call from Ryan, something came up that I needed to make some phone calls and some arrangements for asap. By the time I had finished waiting for phone calls and making phone calls it was 9pm. No problem, I still had time. Before I forgot I needed to take some bread out of the freezer for breakfast tomorrow (Paige has toast) so I went to do that. In our basement we're lucky enough to have a chest freezer that came with the house. It's been wonderful having the extra space especially when preparing for babies and wanting to have meals pre-made and stored for those days when you just can't bring yourself to make something. As I opened the lid water spilled on the floor. The realisation came upon me that somehow my freezer had defrosted. Almost like domino's the memories of yesterday came falling into my mind. Paige had come down with me while I was getting some laundry sorted. I clearly remember turning round to find her playing with the extension cord for the freezer (it's one of those extension cords with the safety buttons in case there's a power surge) and obviously thinking nothing of it at the time just told her not to play with it. However she had in fact turned the power connection off. The more I thought about it I realised that the whole of yesterday I had thought about taking a new loaf of bread out of the freezer but for reasons that are no longer important the thought always left before ever becoming an action.
So how did I deal with this predicament I hear you asking. I called my mother in law to find out what could be saved and then started calling friends and offering them food for their dinners tomorrow night! Luckily for us all the meals I'd been making in preparation for when baby comes were in my upstairs freezer and so I just had a lot of sausages (they were on sale last month), flour, some fish fingers, frozen veggies, pita and some chicken pies downstairs. Some things had to be thrown out and some other things have gone into the fridge to either be distributed or cooked in the next day or so. My freezer also was able to have an unexpected clean although it's not easy to clean a deep freeze when you're seven months pregnant!
Just for the fun of it here is a recent picture of my little monkey...
The caption we like to put with this... "Me name naked butt, what's yours?"
1 comment:
hahaha wow has she ever grown!! I deff laughed when I saw this picture! I'm SO sorry about your freezer, the same thing happened to us over a month ago, but luckily our freezer is really small and we didn't loose much. We need to catch up!! In fact, ill probs call you right now :)
Post a Comment