I'm one of those pregnant people some pregnant people hate. The first three months are rough and then I love being pregnant. I am very lucky, I have healthy pregnancies, boring, straight by the book. Don't get me wrong, I suffer from typical pregnancy hassles like peeing all the time, back pain, pressure but it doesn't seem like too big of a deal and I really do enjoy the pregnancy. Paige was a week early, baby number two is due on Monday so we're past that point and the question I get asked most is... 'bet you're ready for this baby to come out', or 'You're gonna be so mad if this baby is late right?' My answers are yes I'm ready for this baby to come out but not because I hate the pregnancy part but because I'm as prepared as I feel I can be and I really want to meet my new little girl and honestly, I'm not that concerned about whether this baby is late or on time or early. Crazy you may say but time is a funny thing when you have a one and a half year old. I'm enjoying every final moment I have with my first born and I'm so preoccupied with her that time really isn't an issue. Actually it's worked out nicely that baby is in her protected little cocoon still as this week Paige has been fighting an awful cold and has been quite poorly and clingy. I've had some lovely cuddle moments with her that I wouldn't change for anything other than her being well again! I have to admit too, Paige sleeps just over 12hours a night, which means I sleep all night and I'm trying to make sure I relish every moment of that before things get turned upside down!
Health wise, I've had intense lower back pain for the last three months and a lot of pressure since baby dropped three weeks ago. This week however it's all magically disappeared! There might be a moment of discomfort when getting out of bed or off of the couch but otherwise if it wasn't for the belly there are times I would forget I was pregnant! The belly also comes in handy for Paige to sit on when giving cuddles or resting on while she's been poorly. Once belly goes I'm going to have to start supporting her full weight, I'm sure that will be a bit of a shock! hehe
The one thing that had been stressing me out was not having a name for baby. It honestly would keep me up all night most nights. However last weekend we finally settled and since then I feel like we're ready to go!
What is the point of this post I hear you thinking. It's just my way of recording the memories of my last few days before baby number two arrives and hopefully my way of just letting her know how much we love her already, how much we want her and how excited we are to meet her. I think Ryan is more impatient for her to make her arrival than I am, it's very cute! Anyway, baby number two we're ready for you when you decide to make your appearance, come join the family!
5 comments:
I am glad you are feeling so good! I remember feeling the same right before Bryton was born I wanted to spend as much time with Jackson as I could. It is a lot harder to find that time with a new baby around! Good luck, and I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your new little one!
I'm so glad you are feeling well. I, too, am a disgustingly happy pregnant woman (okay, except in a heat wave like this summer). My body thrives on being pregnant - thus the 4 children. Actually, I feel better pregnant than not....crazy, I know. I actually miss being pregnant!! (Shoot me now...it's not the best form of birth control, that's for sure!! Ah ha.....)
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new little one. Paige is going to be a great big sister. You'll have crazy busy times but your girls won't know life without each other and that's something to treasure!
Sending you happy birth vibes!!
Wow, I didn't realize you were due SO soon! I'm soo excited for you and glad you're enjoying these last moments alone with Paige. I'm excited to move back already so I can meet her! Goodluck with everything, I'm excited to hear how it all went and to see pictures of her!!
that's amazing you are feeling so great. I bet Ryan is a happy husband as a result too! hahaha. can't wait to meet (via facebeook...) your new little girl, good luck we are thinking of you!
I was one of those pregnant people too (this time anyway). I LOVED being pregnant! So glad you have had a good pregnancy!
Post a Comment