Lots is being said about this conference especially the Sunday morning session which I have to say my two favourite talks (from memory) came from. The first one was Henry B Eyring's talk about trusting in God and trusting what the Prophets have to say is a message from God. Directly following that talk (and I want to re-stress the fact that the speakers don't have assigned topics to speak on and they don't know what the others are planning on, it's all inspiration from God) was Boyd K Packer whose talk was on the importance of family and how we believe that marriage between a man and woman is ordained of God. Oh the outcry over this talk! I believe strongly Elder Eyring's talk was to prepare us for the coming words and also I believe that this is something important and serious enough that God wants us to know and maybe remind the world the correct order of things. Another talk that comes to mind at this point is the talk President Monson gave in the Relief Society session about not judging. We shouldn't judge but sin is still sin no matter what light it's portrayed in. Satan is a cunning one but Heavenly Father will triumph in the end and we need to listen to what the Prophet and Apostles are telling us now.
I felt so uplifted by conference and gained such a renewed strength to push forward and that there is good in the world, and that Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to succeed. It just gets so frustrating to then have the rest of the world trying to pick holes and make arguments to justify their actions.
www.lds.org
No comments:
Post a Comment