Saturday, 19 May 2007

Daniel Alfredsson.... Our HERO!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! For the first time since the Ottawa Senators Hockey team was born in 1991 we have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals! Today is an incredible day! We hunted the Buffalo Sabres and struck them down! Daniel Alfredsson scored the winning goal in overtime. I have a fantastic picture at work that I want to put on my blog but until then here is our winning line...


Thanks Guys. Thank you Alfie. We do actually love you!

So I have like two weeks to catch up on and I do have pictures (I can hear cheering and car horns and the game has been over for half an hour!). We had Ryan's cousin Cynthia come over for dinner with her husband Greg and baby Kai. We had dinner, watched the game (game one in the series against Buffalo) and I know Ryan and I had a really great time.

We also just bought Ryan a new bike. He is very excited as now he can get some exercise. I just need a bike now!


Earlier this week we went to a pub downtown to watch the game with some of Ryan's friends from work and had a very fun time. I have to send a shout out to Gary. He is an avid Manchester United fan and loves the way I say his name! Gary, we'll forgive you for being a Leafs fan (Toronto Maple Leafs - Ottawa's biggest hockey rival) as you have the good sense to cheer for a good British team playing a good British sport! (Shame Man U lost to Chelsea though in the Premiership!) ;)


Me, Gary, Steven & Ali

(Ryan's friends from work.... no I'm not drinking and no picture of Ryan, he wouldn't let me get a picture of him!)

So to the main thing I want to mention... I have the Best Friends Ever. On Sunday for Mother's day at church the youth gave all the women a flower. I was sitting next to Lindsey and she was given a flower and I was missed. The boy came around again and still missed me. I could've looked him in the eye and smiled but I was no way gonna ask for a flower! It was actually a de ja vu moment as when we were in Arizona last summer the same thing happened. Cat got given a flower and I was missed. Oh well. Kate says it's coz I look young.... in a good way! I love my friends! So anyway.... Lindsey and Otto popped in for a visit the other night and she bought me a rose with a little note saying Happy Belated Mothers Day! I am so lucky to be part of a group of girls that are absolutely wonderful and who really care about me. Lindsay, I love you!

So this blog had my intention to be long and detailed and fantastic but with this win I am just over the moon and can't think about anything else! GO SENS GO!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think Connor has the exact same helmet. Tell Ryan his taste is the same as an 11 year old! ;)