So on Saturday we finished painting our kitchen. Once we've done the trim tonight it'll be finished and wonderful and I can finally go food shopping as I'll be able to use my kitchen! So Saturday night Ryan and I decided to go out to eat. We were about to turn right and go to a Greek place we like (I LOVE Greek food) when Ryan had an idea. Why not go somewhere we haven't eaten.... so we turned left and went to the casino. Saturday is not their cheap night but you can never say no to a seafood and prime rib buffet. Like all good casinos you have to walk through the casino to get to the restaurant. Ryan and I obviously didn't look old enough to be there so we got ID'ed and stamped and then our driving licenses were checked to make sure they weren't fake! Next time we go to eat I told Ryan we're going to dress nice and see if the same thing happens! So once we got through the doors Ryan and I walked around for a little, looking at the bright lights and the people wasting their money. I couldn't believe it, seeing people with their credit cards stuck in the machine! It really blows my mind, gambling. Why risk it, the odds are so that the casino always wins and your chance of winning is soooo slim and what about those people who are addicted and ruin their families or the other numerous things gambling can lead too. It did spark a good conversation over dinner though!
This morning Corbit and I had just dropped Ryan off at the bus stop and were walking back home when there was a commotion in the tree above us. A loud chattering and leaves everywhere and suddenly circling down the tree there was a grey squirrel being chased by a black squirrel. I normally wouldn't pay any attention but I let Corbit see and he obviously got excited and went running over to them saving the grey squirrel that ran up the side of a house and chasing the black squirrel back to the tree, which got me thinking. Why spiderman?? That squirrel went running up the side of the house just as good as any spider. Why not squirrelman?? I know spiders and squirrels are not most peoples favourite animals but I definitely prefer squirrels to spiders.
So my uncle and aunt and my baby cousin (I haven't seen them in about two years) just moved to LA and have decided to get married. I am SO excited. I have an aunt and uncle in Vegas too and so they've decided to get married in Vegas by Elvis. Ryan and I couldn't pass that up.... we're going to Vegas baby!
4 comments:
I see more casinos in your future.
The last time we went to eat at the racetrack we had to walk through the Casino. Everyone I was with (sister and husband and my husband) got carded because they didn't look old enough to be there. Apparantly...I do! The gal didn't even blink at me. Guess I look my age! Yikes!! It wasn't so funny then - made me feel old but I can laugh now (as I go and buy my wrinkle and frown line cream....)
Vegas sounds fabulous!!
Oooh, Vegas. The closest "exotic" destination spot of BYU kids. There will be plenty of seafood and prime ribs dinners there. The food at the little cafe in Binion's Horseshoe is really good if you get the chance. When are you going? You should drive through Utah...
That was me, Lexi, by the way. ;)
Post a Comment