You really can't beat having a clean home. It makes such a world of difference! Our main floor (living room, dining room, kitchen) is painted, carpets cleaned and livable! We've moved furniture in, filled the bookcases, had a dining table delivered and it is soooo comfortable. Only a week now till we get the computer together and my blog can begin to have pictures again!
A few weeks ago I got a new calling at church (as members of the Church of Jesus Christ we accept different service opportunities to serve in different ways whether it be teaching lessons, preparing activities etc .... without pay). I am now the Activities Committee Chairperson. Which basically means I head up a team of three other people in co-ordinating frequent activities for hmmmmm, approx.150 people. Oh yeah, I'm scared. Actually I'm not anymore. Now I'm excited, I'm sure after my first activity I'll be disappointed and then after that who knows! So Saturday morning I met with my "team" and thank goodness I have those three, they are AMAZING, if we are successful at achieving our goals and having successful activities I'm telling you now, it will be all because of them. We had a productive meeting which I'm very proud to say was no longer than a hour and we got everything talked about that we needed to, rarely heard of in meetings I'm sure. We have one activity next month and then the next one.... Christmas. I am no longer scared about Christmas as Ryan's aunt had my calling before me and kept notes and I spoke to her and she answered all my questions and gave me hope that it could go well!
Ryan was working this weekend so I had my house cleaned before people came over at 10am which meant that the rest of the day I could relax, work on a blanket I'm making for my very pregnant sister-in-law and read. I then got to go to Ryan's hotel for dinner where the little Chinese (?) chef loves me (all in the accent) and had the most delicious chicken stir fry and then got to sleep in a king size bed with room service for breakfast! My husband has the best job! I feel bad for him though as he finished work on Sunday and then had to drive to Toronto for a meeting and then he's having to drive back home tonight.... he will be pooped! But I've had a lot of rest time and it's been lovely being able to be free to do what I want (which isn't much).... I got to watch Extreme Makeover last night without anyone complaining! I did have a terrible nights sleep though, I'm ready for Ryan to come home!
1 comment:
Wow - I'm not sure if I should say congrats on your new calling or not...ha ha. It'll be fun!! That's very exciting for you and if you've got a good team, it'll be awesome!!
Post a Comment