Friday, 2 November 2007

Another Blessing

WOW. So Ryan and I have been talking about what home improvements need to be completed and what items need to be purchased before the big event in June. It's a little daunting when you have to think about slimming down to one pay cheque and all the expenses you'll still have and the more you'll accumulate. We pretty much take it in our stride though, prioritising can be fun... right? hehe. Well anyway, one of the big purchases we have to make is a bed and mattress as for over a year now we have been sleeping on an air mattress, which has been fine but I'm a little nervous about having a huge belly and having to get down on the ground and then having to figure about how to get back up (I haven't ever experienced this before it's all my imagination, I imagine a beetle on it's back! hehe). So last night we were discussing ways around this. My big thing was invest in a good mattress. So I get a email from Ryan at the end of the work day saying he'd got us a bed. My interest was piqued. Turns out he told his boss today of our upcoming parenthood and his reply was "well you can't sleep on an air mattress then!" and we are being given a bed frame and mattress from the hotel! I was gobsmacked, I nearly burst into tears. They were getting rid of it anyway but it's not gonna cost us a penny. They'll deliver it too! It'll be like sleeping in a hotel every night!

2 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

It's amazing what happens in your life when you're makin' the right choices. The blessing just keep coming! How wonderful for you two! Enjoy your freedom (and your $$ ha ha) while you can!! You'll never remember this life pre-children once that baby comes! We are so excited for you and look forward to crossing paths with you at Christmas time.

Eric Jakob said...

Wow. Now that is a deal that makes me envious. That is fantastic.

I hope it is not a King size because you will never go smaller again no matter what your circumstances.