Thursday, 13 December 2007

Winter is here!

One of the beauties I find here in Canada is the seasons. You very obviously get four of them.... unlike in England where you're very lucky if you have two. Here in Canada, nature is as God intended, I'm guessing anyway! We've pretty much had snow every other day for about three weeks now. Oh it's breathtakingly beautiful! It's also the worst weather to have to drive in!!! So here are just some pictures celebrating the last.... or first (depending on how you look at it) season of the year... Winter is here!

This is our garden after the first snow!


Last year Corbit was a newborn and not allowed outside when there was snow on the ground, so this year was his first "snow encounter" and he LOVED it! He loves snow!

After a week of snow Ryan had to shovel some space in the garden for Corbit, it was too deep for him! It was funny though throwing him into the snow and watching him get out! hehe.
The tree's by our house again.... what a lovely view from our dining room and bedroom!
I had to fill the car up with petrol yesterday for the first time in about a week and a half. In that time we've had a lot of snow and in between some sunshine which makes for a lot of melting snow and then freezing water. I went to open the petrol cap door to find a coating of about two cm's of ice! So I took my ice scrapper and praying I didn't scratch the car started to chip chip away. Goodness, ice is not easy to chip!!! It took me about 5minutes to do half! By that time a lady I think took pity on me and came and help me but it was quite the winter adventure! Definitely something I had never thought about as something that would happen!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

I love the way you talk. Love it. Why can't I have a cute accent?