1. My middle name is my mums name, Katie Lynn Kirk.
2. I was born in Harrogate N.Yorkshire and always imagined that when I got married I would move back there, we moved when I was 6.
3. I'm extremely impatient.
4. I've never broken any bones.
5. I have a cool scar on my thumb knuckle where I cut myself with glass the night before I was to pick Ryan up the week before our wedding (cutting myself was an accident, promise! hehe)
6. My guilty pleasure is Michael Bolton.
7. I enjoy watching Dancing with the Stars - I always wish I could dance like that.
8. In secondary school one of my closest friends was deaf and so I learnt British Sign Language.
9. I always felt like I should have been born in a country that was hot... I'm always feeling cold!
10. My favourite city that I've visited so far has been Barcelona, Spain. Beauuuutiful!
11. I don't understand people's obsession with France, I'd much rather go to Greece!
12. I loved living in Tucson, Arizona for two summers but I don't really ever want to live in the USA permanent.
13. I am a Mormon.
14. I was a blood donor in England.... haven't gotten around to it yet here in Canada though.
15. I'm extremely paranoid about loosing my English accent.
16. I love being married.
17. I was going to be a travel agent until I met Ryan and the plans changed.
18. When Ryan and I are old enough to serve a couples mission for the church I want to go to Jerusalem.
19. I would love to go on a cruise.
20. Sometimes I wish I was more girlie and knew about hair and make-up and clothes.
21. I love Disney movies.
22. I have my grade 2 flute.... then my teacher moved and I was working on my grade 3 when my new teacher got sick and that was the end of my music lessons.
23. I hated secondary school. I was not comfortable with myself and was a little fickle I guess.
24. When I was 7 I "dumped" my "boyfriend" because he liked football (soccer) more than me!
25. When I was younger I wished I was a horse.
26. I took riding lessons, I think horse riding is one of the most liberating things.
27. I hated my second pet rabbit because I thought it was a girl and it turned out to be a boy.
28. I did my work experience at a pet shop and they got a shipment of hamsters in and one had one eye and three legs so I took it home but my mum wouldn't let me keep it so I had to take it back.
29. I hate cooking but wish I loved it.
30. My first car was a blue 1991 Ford Fiesta without power steering and I loved it.
31. Coming to Canada to live with the Lowaters was one of the best things I ever did.
32. I get jealous.... quite easily.
33. I have a thing for black men, they're gorgeous!
34. I did German in school because I thought it was easier than French... if I knew I would end up in Ottawa maybe I would've chosen differently.
35. I'm a book worm. Jane Austen is one of my favourites.
36. I think Michael J Fox is amazing. Definitely someone I look up too.
37. I love having the missionaries over for dinner, it's always so fun!
38. If I get mad with Ryan it's normally because I'm frustrated because he's right.
39. I'm competitive.
40. I love cross country running. I did it in school and was picked for the team to represent them in a county cross country competition.
41. I hate people being mean.
42. I like public speaking.
43. I love driving but it stresses me out.
44. I love bike rides.
45. I crochet.
46. I can't relax unless my home is clean.... thanks for that dad.
47. My personality has "toned down" since being married. I guess that's Ryan's calming influence!
48. I love having girls nights.
49. I hate shoe shopping.
50. I'm trying really hard to stop comparing myself to others and appreciate everyones individuality.
51. I don't know what I'd do without prayer and knowing Heavenly Father's watching out for me.
52. As hard as going to church can be sometimes I love going and don't like missing it.
53. I'm not a morning person or a night owl. I've been both at different times in my life but right now I'm neither. (Being a morning person was my favourite).
54. I hate packing up to move but love going to new places and meeting new people.
55. I love hand writing letters. Way better than email.
56. I love receiving hand written letters.
57. I love and appreciate all the technology we're blessed to have but sometimes I wish we could go back to the olden days when things were a lot simpler.
58. I like the idea of having a big family but am aware that the reality is a bit tougher... we'll see.
59. I love to curl up on the couch with a blanket to watch a movie or tv.
60. I hate commercials.
61. I hate throwing up, I'd rather die. (Maybe a little dramatic but you get the idea)
62. I'm extremely emotional but always feel better after a good cry.
63. I put on 20 pounds when I first moved to Canada and lived with the Lowaters as the food was so good and I always felt like I had to eat it quick otherwise the kids would get it and I'd miss out.
64. I don't like drinking milk.
65. I love to go ice skating, I wish I was better at it.
66. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. However I got an idea of something this weekend and am now.... (see next point)
67. I'm looking into doing an American Sign Language course.
68. I love my puppy Corbit but know life would be easier without him, but couldn't imagine not having him around. Guess it's like having kids! hehe.
69. One of the most annoying things is when you're in a group and no-one wants to make a decision on what you're going to do.
70. I love the smell of petrol.
71. I can't burp.
72. I hate people without manners.
73. I love the show Extreme Makeover.
74. My favourite hockey player is Alexander Ovechkin (Washington Capitals).
75. I love fruit salads but am choosy about my fruits.
76. I love to eat out.
77. I hate searching for things on the Internet.... I can't do it effectively.
78. I wish I had the money to give to my parents so my mum could get her kitchen that's she's been waiting for for about 10years.
79. I love giving people gifts.
80. I used to hate having my birthday in December because friends would give me joint birthday/Christmas gifts. Now I don't even think about it.
81. I never shower/wash when camping.
82. I worked for the Bentley dealership in Berkley Square in London. One of the most fascinating jobs, a glimpse into the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Absolutely beautiful cars too!
83. Throughout my education my favourite subjects were English, History and Sociology.
84. My favourite parts in history are WW1 and WW2, it just fascinates me the way people lived and breaks my heart at what happened.
85. I love having lots of money in my savings account.... but I'm not very good at it!
86. My favourite yogurt was a hazelnut one from Sainsburys... I hate that I can't get it here in Canada.
87. I only like milk chocolate.
88. I talk my thoughts out loud. It helps me get things straight in my head. Ryan hates when I do it though, he gets confused at my subject jumping and thinks I'm upset.
89. I give up too easily.
90. I like things being done just so. I hate it when people interfere.
91. I love my bamboo vegetable steamer.
92. I hate wasting money on interest or extra charges that could have been avoided.
93. Working with an accountant has spiked my interest in accounting. Although I hated math this is useful stuff.
94. I now prefer accounting machines to calculators.
95. I love fireplaces.
96. I love being inside curled up and hearing really heavy rain on the roof and windows.
97. I'm not homesick but I miss my family get togethers. I'm very upset I have to miss a reunion in Turkey this autumn.
98. I hate being late.
99. I sometimes worry too much about what other people think. Ryan has to remind me that not everyone is going to like me.
100. I love showers. I get bored in baths.
101. Hockey is the only sport I can watch on tv.
2 comments:
Katie - I loved learning all these new things about you! We have a lot in common that I didn't even know about. I am so glad I'm not the only person in the world who loves the smell of gas (petrol). Jeff always thinks I'm a huffer cause I also like the smell of permanent markers and rubber cement.
This was my favorite thing about you: 25. When I was younger I wished I was a horse.
Made me laugh out loud.
What a fun way to get to know you!!!
Post a Comment