Friday, 25 April 2008

Into the Fire

I've just finished re-reading a book called 'Into the Fire' by Jeffrey S. Savage. It's a novel based on the story of Job. A man has everything he could ever desire, a successful job, family, friends, wealth, power while keeping strong in the gospel too. Then he looses almost everything. I've got to say I absolutely love this book and I love the story of Job. It gives me the courage I often lack to trust the Lord completely but it also reminds me that the Lord doesn't give us adversity to make things harder, he gives us trials and challenges to help us. It all depends on our attitude and that will effect our outcome of the situation as well. My fear right now is often based on finances, having a family and managing on one wage. What I need to remember is that everything Ryan and I are blessed with is from our Heavenly Father. I have the desire to follow the prophets council and to stay at home when this baby comes and I won't be punished for that. It doesn't mean it will be all peaches and cream but I will be blessed for it. If we continue to do our part, keep the commandments, pay tithing, attend church, fulfill our callings - the small things that show our Heavenly Father we love him and are trying our hardest to do our best, he will look after us. I know he will look after us.

2 comments:

Chungs said...

Amen sister!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Oh, you are so right! The blessings are worth it - staying at home is challenging but there's no place I'd rather be.