So on Sunday the major event of the day was Ryan was extended a new calling (in our church we are asked to accept different positions at different times to help with the running of the church - it gives us opportunities to extend service and to grow in different capacities - http://www.mormon.org/). He is now the ward executive secretary. A fancy word for organiser and attender of many meetings! hehe. He is responsible for helping the Bishop (kinda like a pastor/vicar) to keep organised, find those the Bishop needs to see and set up appointments for those who want to see the Bishop. Well... that's what I understand the calling to be anyway! It's funny, people keep coming up to Ryan and congratulating him and expecting him to be excited because now he'll be "in the know" about things that are going on at church. This is why Ryan is so great in my opinion for this calling.... he doesn't care to be in the know. He'll just do his job and that's that. That doesn't mean he is lacking in compassion but he's not one to judge or gossip.
So what does this new calling mean for us with baby coming? We need to make sure we keep very organised! hehe.
On Sunday evening we went for a picnic with our friends and it was soooo fun! It's been great, since the sun has been out and the snow gone we've been getting together with our friends that bit more because we don't have to be cooped up inside. It was a potluck picnic so we enjoyed some great food with some great company. We went to Hogs Back Falls and just relaxed. Heaven.
So here's me at 33 weeks (month 8), still feeling good! As you can see Ryan is jealous of the attention my belly brings me and wanted a piece of the cake ;) Actually Ryan is very ready for this baby to come, he's going to be so hands on and is so ready to be a dad he's just impatient to get started!
2 comments:
:)
It sounds like you're having a fun time!
I can't believe it's almost May Katie!!!
We have to start young with your baby. Maybe we can make your baby have a british accent too, because we all know everything sounds better with an english accent!! (IT DOES!!)
33 weeks! Aah I'm so jealous. You are such a cute pregnant lady, I hope I look like you when I'm that far along. Congratulations on Ryan's calling, that has been my dad's calling for almost 10 years (in different wards - funny how that works out). He enjoys that calling because he's a really organized person, I'm sure Ryan will do great!
Post a Comment