Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Family Time

What a crazy busy past week it has been! I wouldn't change it for anything though because my family have been visiting! My parents, my sister Hayley and my brothers, William and Jack have been here on holiday to meet baby Paige. Hayley stayed at our home for the week and everyone else stayed at Ryan's parents. It's been great being able to have a bit of a break while Paige has been spoilt rotten... how could you not though, she is soooooo cute! We went shopping on the first day and the everyone but Hayley went to Palmyra where there are some of our church history sites and then Niagara Falls. Hayley, Paige and I did more shopping and took Paige to a baby wellness clinic where we could get Paige weighed. She's now at 11lbs 10oz which is perfect growth from her birth weight. She has been given the nickname at church 'Perfect Paige' because she is such an easy, laid back, no problem baby.

(that's a root beer Jack is drinking!)

On Friday we went and had family pictures. Paige did really well and rose to the occasion... two minutes in she had a big poop that leaked out of the front of her nappy onto her lovely white dress. Luckily it was easily hidden by a well placed hand! hehe. Saturday everyone except mum and William went white water rafting. I was meant to go but the day was going to be too long for me to leave Paige (I'll have to save that adventure for another day). There were suggestions of me pumping milk for her or even just giving her formula for that day which before I started breastfeeding I probably would have done, but now I am breastfeeding I don't want to do it any other way. It won't be for forever, I'll catch up on my missed adventures in a few years!

Sunday was Paige's blessing but I'll do a seperate post about that. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun preparing a luncheon for our family and friends after church!

So Monday (yesterday) Hayley and William caught a flight home. Mum, dad and Jack have left today to go visit my aunt and her family in Las Vegas and to visit some friends in Utah. We have just over a week before they fly back to Ottawa and have another long weekend here before going home. It's been great having them around. It's been lovely seeing them with Paige and it's helped me as well as I look after Paige as they know and realise things that I may have missed or not thought of. The biggest thing is Paige's feeding. She eats pretty much every three hours, longer sometimes and when she cries most of the time it's not because she's hungry it's because she's tired. So I'm learning to have a bit more patience to figure out what is wrong if she's upset rather than just jumping to the conclusion that's she's hungry. It's so satisfying!!!

This picture of Paige is one of her baby photos. We had a photographer come when she was 5 weeks and take a range of baby pictures. I'll probably post various ones with future entries she is just absolutely gorgeous. She could definitely be a baby model!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! I love that picture of Paige! Will you post one in her blessing clothes? Would love to see it!