Thursday, 14 August 2008

Week 10

Sunday was tough.... it's hard going to church and not being able to be in any of the meetings. Sacrament meeting isn't bad because I can listen to it in the mothers room but the other two hours of church, nothing. Looking on the bright side though, I try to do my class readings during the week so I know what's going on and being in the hallway isn't always bad as I get to chat with other members who I wouldn't normally have the chance to talk too! The reason why Sunday was particularly tough though was because (we're assuming) Paige was on a growth spurt. She was feeding every hour and a half and only had two twenty minute naps, and we were tired! It was worth it in the end though, she slept from 10pm until 8am that night.... and the next night. Actually three nights in a row we were blessed with a full nights sleep!!!! It was AMAZING! Last night tings were thrown off a little bit and she didn't get to bed until 11pm but she still slept until 6am and then went back to sleep. It's 9am now and she's still out! She really is a wonderful little baby!
She babbles so much now as well. You can talk to Paige and she'll say something back. The evenings are the best times for this and it's so much fun!

On Tuesday she also went for her first set of vaccinations, oh my poor baby! Ryan had the day of work so he was able to come, more for moral support for me incase she was really upset after. The nurse was wonderful though. Paige weighed in at exactly 12lbs. Oh the cry that came from that little girl when she had her shots, it was a cry I've not heard - a 'that hurt a lot!' cry! It made me cry hearing it, my baby was hurting! The moment we left the doctors office though she fell asleep. We had no adverse effects from the experience, no bruising, no fever. She was a little angel.

Ryan and I bought the X-Files seasons the other week (Ryan was a big fan and I am now too) and we've been working our way through the dvds. I know I've watched too much when I start dreaming about it though! I think I may have a crush on David Duchovny (Mulder). We were fighting a cult that had us kept prisoner and we had to escape through the catacombs to get out. Strangely enough though it wasn't a nightmare. Oh good times.

(The pictures of Paige are from a BBQ we went to at the Andersons Aug 4th)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! It's great that Paige is starting to sleep so long for you! What a good baby! I'm glad she got through her first set of vaccinations well too.

And you're not alone in the X-files watching. We have 4 seasons of the X-files since my husband is also a fan. I don't doubt we'd have more if we could afford them.

SAH in Suburbia said...

She's getting so big already and so cute! I watched a lot of x-files when I was first married...but back then (ha ha, 10 years ago) I was borrowing VHS tapes of people who had taped them off tv. My, how things have changed!

It's so great to see pics of Paige!

Hi to Ryan!!

Jessica said...

Paige just gets cuter and cuter every picture you post... Jackson was a good sleeper like her Bryton on the other hand... I am glad that you are getting a little rest, and I swear no matter if you feed them right before a baby will want to eat right in the middle of church.. never fails

Suzanne Lee said...

Your little girl is just adorable! I used to have a huge crush on David Duchovny when I was younger. He was so dreamy!!! haha

Hey did you ever end up finding a new home for Corbit?

Well hope all is going well with you and your family. Take care :)