Saturday, 15 November 2008

1.46am

What would you think if you recieved a phone call in the middle of the night? I'm sure like me most people would panic and think to themselves what's happened?? who's dead or hurt?? who needs my help? Well imagine if this is what happened....

What actually happened will be written in black, what I was thinking in my head will be written in red.

Me: Hello? (very groggily)
Caller: Hello, this is... (a very long company name which had the words holiday and vacation in it)
Me: Are you kidding me?? It's 2 o'clock in the morning.
Caller: Actually it's 1.46am. (did she just say what I thought she said??? don't be rude don't be rude, control yourself... did she really just say that? hang up, hang up! don't be rude, why on earth is she calling, is this a joke, she can't be stupid enough to have just said what I thought she said)
Me: (silence)
Caller: Did you book a holiday with us this morning?
Me: What?! No! (I'm gonna loose it, it's 2am, she's taking the biscuit now)
Caller: Oh. Well have a nice night.

She hung up before I could say anything else. Boy oh boy was I cross. I was even madder when Paige woke up an hour later and I couldn't function properly because I'd been woken up previously. Thanks Ryan for getting up with Paige! As for that telemarketer... if they call me again and I can remember the company name, they better beware, I am NOT impressed.

3 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

I would have *69'd that call just to find out who it was. CRAZY!

Jessica said...

I would be so ticked sleep is precious when you are a mother

4foster said...

Are you sure that it wasn't a joke????? I remember when we had just been married a couple of months, one of Dad's old buddies called at 3am in the morning to congratulate us on our marriage-Love mumXXXXXXXXX