Monday, 17 November 2008

Studio 60

Ryan and I got rid of our cable just before Paige was born. We got it so we could watch hockey, we got rid of it to save money and because the Senators really didn't get far into the playoffs. I have to admit I don't miss it as I have the habit of just sitting in front of the tv if the opportunity arises. However we do miss the hockey but that's a whole other story.
Because we don't have tv there are a few shows we buy on dvd because we think they're great. Lost, Hero's, The Office, House. A very good friend of mine recommended a series called 'Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip'. We borrowed, we watched, we LOVED! The worst injustice in this whole business is that it only went for one season, come on, any smart person knows you put a new show up against the likes of Lost and it's not going to get the viewings. I can't describe or even understand why I feel so strongly about this. Studio 60 was FANTASTIC and I'm ridiculously and unexplainably heartbroken that they're not making it anymore. I want to write to the writer and beg him to bring it back... yes I said beg. When talking to Shona about this (we lament about this often) turns out the writer is the same guy who wrote 'the West Wing', Aaron Sorkin. (He's on Wikipedia, interesting read). I think I need to call Shona so we can lament some more....

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Loved Studio 60.
You could tell it was the West Wing guy - same sort of dialogue structure.
Too bad it was canceled. They didn't give it enough time.