Thursday, 11 December 2008

Discovery

Paige is absolutely hilarious right now. She is entering the discovery phase. A little over a month ago she discovered she could blow raspberries and spit which she found terribly amusing, especially when she had a mouth full of food. This last week it's like she has just discovered her hand, all of a sudden she'll be mesmerised as she watches her fingers, her hand tightening into a fist and then her fingers being spread out and realises she can turn her wrist and wave her hand around. It is absolutely delightful to watch! She has discovered her lungs, her talking has turned into screeching in most instances as she realises she has the power of volume. Along with this though comes the cutest giggling you've ever heard! She has also figured out how to wiggle backwards, she can work her away across the living room like a little worm!
She is lying on her play mat right now and I had to go and check something. I came back in to see her staring in the little mirror absolutely riveted watching herself wiggling her tongue in and out of her mouth. It just made my heart melt and sent me laughing. She is such a little angel, an absolutely wonderful precious little girl, I'm so lucky to have her!!!
She had her sixth month check up this week, I was a little concerned, when she had her last checkup at the start of October she was 12lbs and 60cm. Now at the start of December she's growing well, now 67cm but weighs only 12lbs 11oz. I guess I was expecting more because she's now on mixed feedings. However the doctor wasn't worried, she's bright, alert and developing right on schedule so things will just keep going like they have been. We're very lucky that she's so easy going, happy ALL the time (until she's ready for bed) and very healthy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is adorable!! love the pictures. how did you activity turn out?

Jessica said...

Just think...lighter baby means no sore arms!

Jessica said...

Bryton is over 2 1/2 and is just barely 20 pounds, I was worried for a long time but the DR said that is just the way she is so not to worry, I wish we could spend another summer together, I dont know if I will ever get to meet Paige she is beautiful and growing up so fast...Have a merry Christmas!!