Saturday, 6 December 2008

It's time...

Well today's the day. Our church Christmas party is tonight. I feel like I'm as prepared as you can be when you have no idea what you're doing! Tonight we are off to Bethlehem to experience what it may have been like back when the Saviour was born. A few more things to pick up and some setting up to do and we're good to go! I have had some people tell me they wish it had been a turkey dinner and there are a lot of people I know of who aren't coming for that fact, but you know what, when they're activities committee chairperson they can choose the activity and they can work their butt off doing a thankless job. Now I have that off my chest....

Today does so happen to be my birthday. Apart from the fact that I have this party to pull off tonight, Ryan is working all weekend. However, he did get me a very cool present. The kind of present that gets better and better the more I think about it and he's pretty pleased with himself because it can count as a valentines day gift too. Yes, on February 14th 2009 we're going to see Brad Paisley in concert!!! Yeah baby! SO excited. In my card Ryan even said he would come with me, aw I love that guy! (as in Ryan not Brad! hehe). So when I'm on my own today I will think of February and the brilliant evening I'll get to spend with my wonderful hubby :)

4 comments:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Happy birthday Katie.
I'm sure the activity tonight is going to be a smashing success!
Anxious to hear how it goes.

Anonymous said...

You go girl, im sure it'll be aweosme. We did that when I was younger, and i still remember it as one of the best Christmas events I've been to, so ill be great! Happy birthday and NICE JOB RYAN! Thats going to be awesome!

Suzanne Lee said...

Hey!
I happen to be on the activites commitee in my ward and have been for over a year. It`s amazing how much work goes into activities and people are all of sudden in my mind so ignorant about all the hard work!!lol. Anyways our Christmas party is next weekend and I`m a little aprehensive as to how it will turn out. And last but not lease, I love Brad Paisley and I think that is an awesome bday gift, I hope you have a wonderful day too :) Happy Birthday!

Jessica said...

Katie, you and I are totally in the same boat. People complain yet they don't want to help. And in my situation, you figure on a stake level that the chances would be better to find a handful of people to help...not at all. And you hate asking the same people to help all the time.

I enjoyed the activity you organized and don't listen to the others. People really don't realize all the work it takes, they just really don't. AND, what does Christ have to do with turkey dinners and a visit from Santa? Nothing!

I've had somebody say if there wasn't any animals at the pageant this year, they weren't coming. Once again, what does animals have anything to do with the birth of Christ? Nothing!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.