Oh, and just because there's not been any pictures for a while here's a recent one of Paige :)
Saturday, 21 February 2009
Awkward!
I love going shopping first thing in the morning before it gets busy. This morning I had to drop Ryan off at work so I decided I'd stop in at Walmart and pick up a few things I needed. It was 8am, lovely and quiet. They just put in an express line if you're buying 10 or less items.... I love this line! So I'm standing in it making faces at Paige and the lady in front of me starts telling off the person at the checkout. Turns out she had more than ten items (at least double that amount) and the lady in the line was telling her she shouldn't be here it was express etc etc. Well, the lady at the checkout started shouting back about how when she got there it was express for her because there was no one else in line and what do you know and are you going to send me back to school!? Whoa, drama! Now I'm the kind of person who thinks things like this should be fair, if you have more than ten items don't go in the express lane, if you're not pregnant don't park in the expectant mothers parking, and when people don't follow these unspoken rules of manners it makes me mad. It's common courtesy. This morning though I was just hoping the cashier would hurry up to try and divert disaster. But it got me thinking, what can you do when people ignore the signs? The store isn't going to step in, they might loose business. So really you can't do much. I guess we just have to hope that people will raise their kids the right way recognising the unspoken rules of courtesy to others.
Oh, and just because there's not been any pictures for a while here's a recent one of Paige :)
Oh, and just because there's not been any pictures for a while here's a recent one of Paige :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember being soooo pumped when I could park in the pregnant spaces lol. Paige is a doll she is soo cute!!
Paige is soooo cute!
I'll admit I was at Walmart on Thursday and I had 14 items...and the express was 12. There were HUGE line-ups for the regular check out lines and I wanted to jump to to express because 3 cashiers were EMPTY in the express area. I stood in line for 12 minutes in the regular lines because I was feeling too guilty to jump lines. The gal behind me just went to express with her 14 items because truly, there weren't any people there.
So.....I can totally relate to your story because like you, I had to stick to the rules out of common courtesy...but really, would there have been something wrong with me going to one of the 3 empty cashes because there was no one else there???
Tricky business! Great post.
Working as a Checker at a safeway. You really can't keep people out of the express line. If they have over the limit I just try to check them out as fast as I can. Walmart never has enough lines open. In the US or Canada!
Your little page is soo cute! I love the picture.
Did I seriously type out page instead of Paige? My bad. PAIGE is cute. Well, so is your blog page. Haha. :o)
Paige is SO adorable! Oh my goodness! I just want to squish her!! :)
And the *rules* - I hear you!! I was in the car the other day in the mother's parking. And right in front of me, this older lady (60s) parked directly in front of me in the mother's parking! Now, she wasn't handicapped, she was a well abled woman and she didn't have anyone with her. So I left a note on her windshield! lol I had watched the show "What would you do?" and realized sometimes people needed to be put in their place!! Now, I also drove away very fast. Haha!
And when I was at Wal-Mart, my mom and I were sharing a cart, but we only had a few items each, so we went to the express and the teller came up and made us go into another lane!! Even though we had 2 seperate purchases, because we were sharing a cart, we weren't allowed to go through the express lane. So, the worker should speak up. Look how much money they bring in annually - They won't lose any business!!
Post a Comment