Thursday, 19 February 2009
Important Visitor
In about half an hour a very important visitor is going to arrive here in Ottawa. President Obama is going to land here in Canada for his first foreign visit since becoming President. The fact that I'm typing this should tell you that I haven't gone out in the cold, snowy (yes it's snowing) weather to try and catch a glimpse. Downtown is going to be crazy with people and road closures and I didn't want to drag Paige out in it all when they're saying that the chance of you seeing anything is extremely slim. So I'm at home, warm and toasty watching the news coverage of the event. To my surprise I am extremely excited. I'm not going to see the President in real person... not now and probably not ever, but knowing that in a short time he's going to be landing no more than five minutes away from where my home is makes me extremely excited! To think that the most powerful world leader is so close, a man who offers so much hope for positive change is going to be seeing things that I see every day, walking where I walk and experiencing a little of the part of the world that I live in is absolutely thrilling! Of course he'll spend most of the day in meetings at parliament but still.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's sooo cool!!
There were a lot of people downtown but not as many as I thought there would be. I have to giggle a bit becuase nobody was able to get a good look at Obama at Parliament but boy were we lucky to have him stop around the corner for a Beavertail and stroll through the Byward Market building. There were great photo ops there!
I bet the people on the hill are a little jealous.
Post a Comment